The benefits of working with me as a Realtor when you are planning to sell your home.
- Discussion of sellers expectations, wants, desires, motivation for moving, timelines, price, and marketing plan.
- One hour meeting to discuss the process of preparing and marketing your home for sale
- Discussion and explanation of Agency relationships and forms.
- Discussion about what the sellers are looking for in an agent.
- Discussion of compensation in a real estate transaction, co-op commissions, dual agency, adjustable rate commissions.
- Discussion about the seller’s position; relocation, moving up, scaling down, retirement, and or investment.
CMA: Comparable market analysis.
Advantages of pricing above or below the market
Looking at homes in the neighborhood: On the market, Sold, and Expired.
Listing the property for sale
- Seller disclosure form
- Truth in housing form
- Environmental forms and disclosures, wells, septic, Methamphetamine, leadpaint, underground storage tanks and wetlands.
- Property tax preferences disclosures
- Code compliance issues
- Seller inspections
- Abstract or owners title policy and location
- Address issues of preparing the home to put on the market, repairs, etc
- Verifying data such as selling price, mortgage amounts, prepayment penalties, taxes, assessments etc.
- Tax implications (1031 Exchange, valuation, exclusions, etc)
- Prepare net proceeds sheet
- Marketing plan-
- Internet coverage, listed on the top banners of Google and MSN search engines.
- Bannered site on Realtor.com-top site for buyers looking for homes to purchase
- Marketing timelines for neighborhood and sellers
- Types of financing; buyers may ask sellers to pay their closing costs on some types of mortgages.
- Staging the home to impress the buyers
- Advertising, signs, brochure boxes
- Open houses
- Closing timelines
- MLS exposure, how the multiple listing service works
- Explain company policies on cooperation and compensation
- Discuss how showings are arranged
- Safety of the electronic lockbox security system
- Seller availability for potential time sensitive issues regarding purchase agreement negotiations, removal of contingencies, inspections, etc.
On the Market counseling
- Industry trends, interest rates, market place issues
- Housing supply in the neighborhood
- Number of showings, compared to other homes in the neighborhood
- Potential buyers comments and feedback
Pre offer consultation
- How will offers be handled ( faxed, buyer or buyers agent present etc)
- Will anyone other that the sellers be reviewing the offer?
- Explain the companies policy on multiple offers and obtain sellers approval
- Counter offers versus “sleeping on it” Explain the pros and cons of waiting to make a decision on offers received. Risk of losing buyer if long delays in acceptance or counter offers.
- Contingencies and inspections. Discuss the pros and cons of accepting or rejecting offers that include contingencies.
- Determine the buyer’s ability to purchase and consummate the transaction.
- Pre-approval versus pre-qualified letters
- Estimate net proceeds sheet
- Discuss capital gains and net proceeds tax implications
- Binding purchase agreements, execution and acceptance. Oral agreements are not binding
Presenting/countering and offer acceptance
Analyzing the offer
- What is flexible and what is not.
- Discuss the options of accepting and or countering the offer
- Walk through the offer item by item to understand the proposal
- Earnest money
- Purchase price
- Personal property
- Financing issues and fraudulent arrangements
- Inspections (what happens in this period how are issues resolved)
- Closing date
- Possession and move in date or agreements
- risks of multiple offers versus only one offer
- Reviewing the integrity of the other agent involved
- Verification of the mortgage approval letter if any.
- Strength of the buyer
- Discuss anticipation of potential problems.
- Appraisal and full underwriting approval
- Discuss Net proceeds and bottom line proceeds for the seller.
- Final walk thru review
Negotiate the offer
- Due Diligence/time is of the essence
- Obtain the proper signatures
- Provide copies to the seller
- Follow thru on all aspects of the purchase
- Inspection time framesWork orders: negotiated, completed and re-inspected.
- Buyers mortgage lender follow up
- Verify the appraisal has been ordered
- Locate title and provide to title company
- If a common interest community sale, make sure the disclosure statement or resale disclosure certificate and other required documentation are delivered to the buyer. Track the purchaser’s right of rescission period.
- Remind the seller buyer has right to walk thru the home prior to closing.
- Negotiate any last minute complications or problems that may arise.
- Review title work and payoff amounts on mortgages.
- Review and summarize the purchase agreement for the seller.
- Discuss the closing and what to expect.
What to bring to closing. What to be prepared for.
Review the closing statement and net proceeds.
Drivers license and or photo ID
Social security numbers.
Previous addresses for the last 10 years.
Preview closing documents.
Preview closing documents
Closing the sale
Attend the closing
Review Purchase agreement on credits and adjustments
Watch for fraudulent financing that could impact the seller.
Put any last minute issues that need new agreements in writing
Including escrow agreements to avoid adverse consequences.
Home warranty programs. Make sure they are addressed.
Exchange keys, garage door openers, final information about the property Verify possession date and time.
Thank you for this opportunity to assist you with the sale of your home.